Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

I tried to use the self clean feature on a GE range

Customer Question

I tried to use the self clean feature on a GE range P2S920SEF2SS. The door lock keeps locking and unlocking. You cannot stop the cycle and so you cannot use the oven
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Joel thank you for your interest in our service. If you have been waiting a while

I apologize we try to help as many customers as possible in a timely manner. I am now

available to help you with your question.

Well the only thing you can do is try killing the power to the stove for about 15 minutes and turning it back on this may reset the board, but odds are it will not what has happened is the touchpad for the control has stuck and probably will not unstick so if killing the power does not fix it you will have to have the control board/touch pad replaced. Here is the part number and a link to order it at sears if needed :

Touch Glass Control Board

Part #: WB27X20746

PLEASE take into consideration we are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is that
you take this time to rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page
or wherever the 5 star rating system is located on your page (sometimes it's hard to find
but it's there). Rating me will not in any affect the amount you agreed to pay for the question. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions. TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks.