Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Dishwasher normal wash light on heated dry light on start

Customer Question

dishwasher normal wash light on heated dry light on start light flashing for 12 hours or more the heat light will go out if I touch it
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

This is actually an error code and it means that one of the buttons on your touchpad is sticking shut. Now usually this is caused by moisture or steam from the dishwasher when the touchpad begins to fail and isn't keeping out the moisture from affecting the electronic sticker portion of the touchpad. Either way, the touch control panel will need to be ordered and replaced to resolve the issue permanently.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.