Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Our dishwasher has stopped drying. Is there something I can

Customer Question

Our dishwasher has stopped drying. Is there something I can replace myself? Do I need a technician or do I need to replace the dishwasher?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Can I get the model number so I can see what can cause your dishwasher to not heat? The model would be located on a sticker around the front frame of the tub and can be seen if you open the door.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
model #DWU7202AAB - SERIAL # *****
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

OK so on this model if dishwasher isn't heating, you either have a bad heater, bad timer, or bad high limit thermostat. You'd need a multimeter to test the heater and the high limit thermostat to determine if they have continuity through them or not. You'd need to remove the lower bottom access panel to access these parts. If either part doesn't have continuity then replace it. If both parts have continuity you'll need to replace the timer.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.