Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My dryer makes a squeekin noise. What can be done about it?

Customer Question

My dryer makes a squeekin noise. What can be done about it? the dryer is only 6 months old.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

If the unit is only 6 months old, there isn't much you're going to want to do yourself because taking the dryer apart will void the warranty so I would just call warranty. As for the squeak, it could be a loose bolt from the factory causing 2 panels to rub against each other as the dryer vibrates, or more likely would be a dry bearing on one of the drum rollers meaning you'd need a new drum roller or idler pulley.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.