John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Kenmore elite under counter ice maker. Model 10689483992.

Customer Question

Kenmore elite under counter ice maker. Model *********** Making ice but not releasing from evaporator tray. Goes into default and light blinks. Replaced PC board and the evaporator thermister. Everything seems to work up to the point of actually releasing the ice. Sat and watched it through a complete cycle and when the water cycling went off the ice remained in the tray for 25 minutes. at 15 minutes the light failure started blinking in one second increments
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 1 year ago.

Hello, this is Dave. I need to ask a few questions so I can better help you. When the water stops flowing, (the start of the harvest cycle), do you hear the ice slab start to crack and snap? Does the ice move down at all? You should continue to hear the compressor running during this time.

Do you still need help? Is there a sequence to the blinks? 2 blinks or 5 blinks and a pause repeated?