Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

The Bosch dishwasher is beeping, a red light is on and the

Customer Question

The Bosch dishwasher is beeping, a red light is on and the words water tap.
What's the problem, and is it a simple fix or one for an expert?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Water tap means that the dishwasher isn't getting enough water inside quick enough. Make sure you have a good water supply going to the dishwasher and the water line didn't freeze (since it's winter) or the water line didn't get shut off for some reason. If you don't find anything wrong with the water supply, the electronic water valve below the dishwasher will need to be replaced because it's not opening enough to allow proper water into the dishwasher. The valve is the part that your water supply line from your house connects to under the dishwasher.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.