Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

My control panel is locked my temp. says 5y and ef. How do

Customer Question

My control panel is locked my temp. says 5y and ef. How do you fix this? How do I unlock the control?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 year ago.

That error is either a faulty or sensor or faulty evaporator fan motor, if the fan motor in the freezer is not running then that error will display, Unplug the refrigerator for about 10 minutes plug it back in that should reset the board, but if the error continues to come back you will need to see if the fan motor in the freezer is running or not. If the fan is not running then replace the fan motor.

Refrigerator Evaporator Fan

Part #:###-##-####/a>

PLEASE take into consideration we are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is that
you take this time to rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page
or wherever the 5 star rating system is located on your page (sometimes it's hard to find
but it's there). Rating me will not in any way cost you anymore than you have already paid.
This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.
TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks.

If the error happens to stay on after you plug the refrigerator back in go into diaganostic mode:

Press freezer + and fresh food + for up to 10 sec. simultaneous

once in diagnostic mode

Press set and if the evaporator fan motor is good it should be running, if not it's bad and need replacing.

***note: to deactivate diagnostic mode:

Press fresh food + for up to 10 sec. Diagnostic Mode will automatically deactivate after 5 min. of inactivity. Note: Silence alarm.

Hi this is Joel,
I was just wondering if you had any other questions for me, if not could you please go ahead

and help me out by giving me a rating, its real easy you simply click on the far right star

where it says Rating on your screen. Thanks Again!

I see this question is still open, If there is nothing else I can do for you concerning this
issue would you please rate my service by choosing a star at the top of the page so that I

can put this question on my completed list. Thank You so much for your understanding and

support!. HAVE A HAPPY THANKSGIVING!