Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

Whirlpool duet sport with power on but not start. Wrinkle

Customer Question

Whirlpool duet sport with power on but not start. Wrinkle shield light blinks. When I turn knob different lights light up then what the knob is pointing too.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Joel thank you for your interest in our service. If you have been waiting a while

I apologize we try to help as many customers as possible in a timely manner. I am now

available to help you with your question.

Im gonna need you to run a diagnostic test so we can see what error codes you have if any:

To enter the diagnostic mode, choose any selector button other than Pause/Cancel and do this combination:

Press and hold for three seconds,
release for three seconds;
press and hold for three seconds,
release for three seconds;
press and hold for three seconds.

You’ll know you’ve entered diagnostic mode because all the indicators on the console will light up for five seconds and you’ll see the code 88 in the estimated time remaining display.

If there are no fault codes stored in the board, then all the indicators will momentarily turn off, then come back on and stay on; the 88 will remain in the digital display. If there are fault codes stored in the system the most recent will show.

If there is an error code please let me know what it is, Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I can not make it go in to diagnostic mode

kill power to the washer for 5 five minutes then restore power and try again if you cant get into diagnostic mode then you will need to replace the control board if you would like me to find you parts please give me the model number of the dryer and I will be glad to, in the meantime :

PLEASE take into consideration we are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is that
you take this time to rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page
or wherever the 5 star rating system is located on your page (sometimes it's hard to find
but it's there). Rating me will not in any way cost you anymore than you have already paid.
This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.
TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks.

I see this question is still open, If there is nothing else I can do for you concerning this
issue would you please rate my service by choosing a star at the top of the page so that I

can put this question on my completed list. Thank You so much for your understanding and

support!.

Hi this is Joel,
I was just wondering if you had any other questions for me, if not could you please go ahead

and help me out by giving me a rating, its real easy you simply click on the far right star

where it says Rating on your screen. Thanks Again! Have a Happy Thanksgiving!