Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

How do I over ride the lock button on my frigidaire electric

Customer Question

How do I over ride the lock button on my frigidaire electric oven had it in speed Clean then error f30 it's been 3 days I have up plugged it and tried to hold on/off button and it still won't unlock repair man called but won't be here until dec 1 !!!! Help is ther any way I can get it to be able to use the cook top?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So unfortunately F30 means that the oven thinks the oven sensor is shorted inside your oven. This typically happens during self clean since the oven gets so hot that it can short out the display board. Either way, the sensor will likely need to be replaced to fix the issue and until the sensor gives a good reading, the oven or the cooktop will not function. You can probably go to a parts store tomorrow with your model number to pick up the oven sensor if you think you can replace the part yourself, but other than that there is no way to bypass this error or anything like that.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i know it is the sensor that is not the answer I needed this is a crock, how can you charge when you didn't answer the question, I want to know how to open controls to unlock the dang thing, you don't want me to rate you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In order to replace the sensor the door needs to be open
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

I understand your upset but there is no reason to take it out on someone who is trying to help. All you asked the first time was

QUOTE:
Help is ther any way I can get it to be able to use the cook top?

To that I said no you can not use the cooktop or the oven until the sensor is replaced.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

I will only continue to help at this point if you can remain calmer than you have shown thus far. Keep in mind, I don't deserve to be talked down to---I'm here to help.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, sorry just very frustrating, sear was suppose to send a tech and now they won't be here until dec 1st.....the oven and stove top will work with the sensor being shorted out, it has happen before and the tech came and was able to unlock it, he had to order the sensor , so I know there is a way to get it to unlock I just don't know how to get into the computer part to reset it
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

It's understandable. But, there actually isn't a way to unlock the door and unlocking the door wouldn't do you any good until you have a sensor. Once you have the sensor you just pull the oven out, remove the back sheet metal panel, unplug the oven and then unplug the sensor. From that point you can plug the new sensor in and the oven door will unplug when you plug the oven back in. Once you plug the door is unlocked, you can then unplug the oven again, unscrew the sensor inside the oven, and then properly mount the new oven.

The oven won't allow you to unplug the oven door because it thinks the oven is over 700 degrees inside which is why the error is occurring. For safety reasons it won't unlock the door and it won't allow you to unlock the oven door until it thinks the temperature is lower.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well I just took apart the back and found a reset button on the sensor and it worked so I fixed it my self thanks anyway in case anyone ask how to do it now you know.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

That reset button resets the heat if it trips, it does not reset the error nor does it generate an error at all. Maybe you moved some wires when you took the back panel off, but I can't imagine the fix will last for any length of time or be reliable.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It unlocked the door and the stovetop works so until the repair man comes on the 1st it will do
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

OK well I'm glad it's working, but pushing that reset button really has nothing to do with the oven unlocking and working again.