Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My name is ***** *****. Problem I have is regarding the auto

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** *****. Problem I have is regarding the auto open/close on Miele dishwasher model g2832 SCi. It is faulting anytime it tries to actuate.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: This dishwasher has automatic door latch and open. It is that mechanism that is failing with an error on the display.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The issue is likely to be a faulty latch or an obstruction in the door path. Is the door closing smoothly and not hitting on a cabinet? Is the lower rack in correctly?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, none of these are issues. Are you not familiar with this specific Miele Unit? It has a power open/close feature.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Yes, I am very familiar with that unit. Perhaps someone else is better suited to assist you, good luck.