Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

We have a G.E. CGS990 GE Cage dual oven. We ran a self clean

Customer Question

We have a G.E. CGS990 GE Cage dual oven. We ran a self clean cycle last night with no problem. This morning I changed one of the light bulbs in the oven.
However I mistakenly unscrewed the unit, rather than just pulled the bulb cover.
Now the oven does not heat. Any advice of what to check / troubleshoot would be welcome.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately when you remove the light bulb without flipping the breaker off to the oven first or unplugging the oven, either the control board shorts out or one side of the breaker trip. Try to flip the circuit breaker off to the oven for 60 seconds and if that doesn't work, you'd need to replace the main relay control board I'm sorry to say.