Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

My GE Profile Microwave will not heat. It is Approx. 3 years

Customer Question

My GE Profile Microwave will not heat. It is Approx. 3 years old.
Any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Joel thank you for your interest in our service. If you have been waiting a while

I apologize we try to help as many customers as possible in a timely manner. I am now

available to help you with your question.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a GE Profile Microwave, Model # ***** it is approx. 3 years old. As of last night, it will not heat what is put into it. Power is on, time entered, push Start, Microwave cycles, and a cup of water comes out cold.

well I hate to tell you this but the only thing it can be if its running and not heating is a bad diode and magnetron

and it is very dangerous to replace this part yourself very high voltage that is retained in the unit even when its disconnected from power especially if diode is bad not allowing the energy to release.

here is the part tho:

WB27X11079

you will also want to replace the diode one sec while i get that part number for you

Microwave High-voltage Diode

Part #: WB27X10817

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not the answer I wanted. I will call and make an appointment.

ya sorry but that is the truth

PLEASE take into consideration we are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is that
you take this time to rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page
or wherever the 5 star rating system is located on your page (sometimes it's hard to find
but it's there). Rating me will not in any way cost you anymore than you have already paid.
This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.
TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks.

Hi this is Joel,
I was just wondering if you had any other questions for me, if not could you please go ahead

and help me out by giving me a rating, its real easy you simply click on the far right star

where it says Rating on your screen. Thanks Again!

I see this question is still open, If there is nothing else I can do for you concerning this
issue would you please rate my service by choosing a star at the top of the page so that I

can put this question on my completed list. Thank You so much for your understanding and

support!.