Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

The led light with the time works but none of the buttons

Customer Question

The led light with the time works but none of the buttons work or turn on the gas oven
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a significant delay in responses. Please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

Do you have the complete model number off the oven?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pgs9585em1ss

Can you double check that model? Something is wrong with it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
PGS968SEM1SS
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I really need help my mother lives with me and is in hospice

OK have you tried to power the unit off for a full minute then power it back on? IF so and the buttons still do not respond you need a new touchpad. You need to remove the knobs and the nuts under each one to get the touchpad out to replace it. Here is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do you turn the unit off

Go to the circuit breaker panel and shut it off.