Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

We have a five-year-old Emerson Microwave MWG9115SL. The

Customer Question

We have a five-year-old Emerson Microwave MWG9115SL. The door will no longer latch shut. Any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

If you open the door and lift up on the plastic latch hooks on the door itself, do you feel spring tension pulling the plastic hooks down or are they completely floating up and down?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They have tension.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

OK and does the door completely shut closed it just won't latch and hold the door shut?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The door appears to be shut but the stop/reset button is loose at that point. We still get message to close the door.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The latch is probably broken internally and will need to be replaced. However, there are no service parts available for this unit. They are basically an imported disposable appliance. You will need to replace the microwave unless you can find a similar used model from which you can rob parts from.