Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My name is ***** *****. I have a Whirlpool washer Model

Customer Question

Customer: Hi, My name is ***** *****. I have a Whirlpool washer Model GHW9160PW0 that leaks a significant amount of water out of the weep holes in the front of the drum. What is the cause?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: what would you like to know?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure, I can wait.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

What are you calling "weep holes" exactly?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There are three holes at the front of the washer. I am getting you a picture.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

OK I'll wait for the picture.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK,
For some reason I am not able to attach an image to this. When you open the door and pull back the gasket, there are about 5 holes at the bottom corner of the drum mount. They are inside of the gasket. Water gets in there and leaks down in front of the weight. The gasket is in tact and attached properly.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

OK those holes are just holes that drain back into the tub so that the gasket doesn't collect and hold water when the washer isn't in use. If water is leaking out this area, you need to replace the entire rubber door gasket.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, It honestly looks like existing the gasket is good. I have a spare gasket. I will replace it and let you know what the result is.How can I get back to this string?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Just bookmark the page or after you rate me there will be an E-mail sent to you with a link you can click on to come back. But there is nothing else that would cause the leak but the gasket.