Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a KC850-U air purifier. The water indicator light

Customer Question

Hello, I have a KC850-U air purifier. The water indicator light stays on. I have checked the filters , all clean, checked placement, all correct. Humidity stays about 40. Before it was at about 60. Any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! It sounds like there may be a build up of minerals that may be causing issues. Is there a lot of white mineral build up on the unit?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No build up. I also completely cleaned it. But there was no build up prior. I have tried the basics concept ideas. Any other suggestions? I am thinking about reaching out to sharp help line. Thanks
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

The sensor that monitors water level is not working or the control is not interpreting the signal correctly. Have you removed the tray below the water tank and cleaned it? Make sure the styrofoam float is able to move freely. Do you hear the micro switch click when it is moved up and down?