Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a model # TC18NW Amana refrigerator. The condensation

Customer Question

I have a model # ***** Amana refrigerator. The condensation draw tube is blocked. Water is lying in bottom of refrigerator. How can I fix it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

The drain is very difficult to access inside the freezer so the best way to fix this problem will be to unplug the refrigerator for 24 hours and allow all the ice to thaw out that would be blocking the drain hose. Then pull the refrigerator forward and remove the lower back access panel. Locate the end of the drain hose that goes into the drain pan and blow compressed air up through the drain tube and that will clear the tube out. The much more difficult option would be to take the divider apart between the refrigerator and freezer so you can access the top of the drain where the silver evaporator coils are located to thaw out the ice with a hair dryer and then blow air down from the top down.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.