Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Just researching an issue with my Maytag MSD2454GR I have

Customer Question

Just researching an issue with my Maytag MSD2454GR
I have water from the door, but the water does not go to the icemaker
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So pobably the best thing to do is determine if the icemaker isn't cycling and calling for water, or if water isn't actually making it to the refrigerator. First, make sure the freezer is below 10 degrees because the icemaker will not cycle if the temperature in the freezer is over 10 degrees. Next, fill up the icemaker with a cup of water and wait 24 hours to see if it cycles and dumps the ice. If it doesn't cycle, replace the icemaker because it's just bad. If it cycles but doesn't fill up with water, check the fill tube behind the icemaker and if it's frozen solid, use a hair dryer and thaw it out. You can also make sure it's not frozen by disconnect the water line coming from the icemaker and going to the valve at the valve. Blow through the water line to make sure it's clear. If it's not frozen, you'll need to replace the electronic water valve on the back of the refrigerator where your water supply line from your house connects to your refrigerator itself.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I won't be able to try your advice until after the holiday. Not ignoring the replies, just want to try it out first.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

ok...