Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

The freezer is not getting cold enough, i'm assuming it is

Customer Question

the freezer is not getting cold enough, i'm assuming it is not defrosting the condenser properly. I changed the "brain" and two sensors about a month ago and it worked properly until about three days ago. now it is set at -3 and the temp is 21
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 year ago.

first thing you need to do is verify it is a defrost issue , remove the back panel of the freezer and see if ice is built up, if it is and you have replaced the main control board, the thermister and the bi-metal thermostat, then you have a bad heater, which is very common , you can check the heater for continuity if it does not have continuity then its bad. Hope this helps. If it's not a defrost problem then you need to replace the sensor in the refrigerator as it is the one that controls the cycling of the unit temps.

****NOtice****

****You would be suprised at the people that get help and do not bother*******

PLEASE take into consideration we are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is that

you take this time to rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page

or wherever the 5 star rating system is located on your page (sometimes it's hard to find

but it's there). Rating me will not in any way cost you anymore than you have already paid.

We techs only get a SMALL PORTION of whatever you have chosen to pay after a good star

rating is chosen. This is the only way I am credited through the site for my time. This will

also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions. TIPS are not

expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do you know what combination of buttons will put this freezer in a manual defrost?

I know there is a way to do to this although I must be honest and tell you that I do not remember off the top of my head I had the tech sheet that came with the fridge when I did it and I can't seem to locate one atm so I will opt out of this question so that possibly another tech that has the proper information for you can help you out more. Thanks Joel.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The diagnostic steps from the service manual are attached.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can you show me the sequence for putting the freezer in a manual defrost
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

The instructions are attached, see the pictures I posted above.