Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Tromm model DLE 7177RM dryer has starting issues I can hear

Customer Question

Tromm model DLE 7177RM dryer has starting issues I can hear a clicking in the top left side of the control panel and the dryer starts then stops and will subsequently try to start again.runs fine once it gets going but sounds like it strains at first
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! I suspect the issue lies with the motor. Is the noise like a humming/buzzing type noise? If it is only the clicking noise, the relay on the control board is probably failing. Let me know on the type of noise and I can get you the correct part link.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In the top left corner of the control panel I hear a tick tock type of sound as the dryer tries to start. The motor starts off a little louder than normal, but no alarming sounds then smooths out to run normally. When i press start the dryer will spin a few times then shut off, then repeatedly try to start on its own eventually running a full dry cycle. once running the motor seems fine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just started it again and the motor does buzz a little then smooths out
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

I believe the motor is going to need to be replaced. The motor is available below. There is also a video at that link that will show you how the motor is replaced!

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!