AppTech8579
AppTech8579, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  worked on appliances for around 10 years
76126576

The keypad to my Jennair range just stopped working. I

Customer Question

Hi! The keypad to my Jennair range just stopped working. I accidentally sprayed windex at the top of the panel and it went down behind the panel. None of the keys were working, until I unplugged the range and plugged it back in again. All the buttons work again for only about 3 minutes, when the panel stops working again. Is there anything I can do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  AppTech8579 replied 1 year ago.

Let it dry for 24 hours. If still the same then the keypad has shorted and will need to be replaced.

Using the Star Rating Chart at the top of your page and rating me at least a 3 star is how I receive credit for helping you. Please if you do not understand my answer, don't hesitate to ask for more help. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks so much! I do have another question. Is there some sort of "protective" mechanism in place that shuts down the panel? I'm asking because once power is restored, all the keys on the panel work for a few minutes, and then they all shut down. It seems like the keys are functioning until then. (it's also good to know that the windex only got in one side of the panel.)

Not t that Im aware of, no. I would let it dry for 24 hours and see what happens. You may even can take a hair dryer but use the warm setting so you don't melt the keys.