Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

I have the GE profile double wall oven. I ran the self clean

Customer Question

I have the GE profile double wall oven. I ran the self clean cycle on both ovens and now the locked light on the bottom oven keeps blinking and some type of fan keeps turning on and off. We have tried the off/clear button, cutting the power by flipping the circuit breaker, restarting the self clean cycle and cancelling it. Suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Hello from our service,

My name is***** am so happy to help you today.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction. Please before rating me, make sure that I have answered all your questions.

Did it let you restart the self clean when you tried it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It also let me cancel it but the locked light went back to blinking
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Okay is the oven completely cool at this time?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. Still a touch warm from restarting self clean cycle
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Try starting a self clean cycle, wait 2 minutes then while pressing in on the door of the oven cancel the self clean cycle, pushing in on the door should relieve the pressure on the lock allowing it to cycle back into position if the motor is good.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still blinking
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Did you do the self clean on both ovens at the same time? Also the model number you list is not showing to be valid.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I pressed self clean on both ovens at the same time but they did not run at the same time--top one ran and then the bottom one turned on when top one finished. That is the only number I could find on the oven
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

The lock motor itself is most likely bad. Depending on how this is designed, the entire oven may have to come out to repair it, to open the door you may need to use a coat hanger and go in through the side and catch the hook and pull it to open the door latch. You should be able to figure out how to do it by looking at the door that is already open, let me know.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The door is not locked. The light is blinking, the oven won't turn on and some type of fan keeps turning on and off
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry, I misread the info. Is the door lock in the same position as the other oven or is it protruding at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is in the same position I think--the hook you mean?
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Yes that is what I was talking about. No error codes coming up on the display at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No error codes...might have made this easier :)
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Sure would have, It seems like on the lock mechanism that the micro switches that tell the computer the door is open is not functioning properly. So it still thinks it is trying to unlock and the fan motors keep running, you will need to remove the latch and maybe get it to work again or have to replace it. The new latch would cost about $60 for this type of oven.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Thanks
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Wish I could have been more help for you.