Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Kenmore model number 253.70313211 refrigerator. Was

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore model number 253.70313211 refrigerator. Was using the ice dispenser and everything quit.Looked like might have been a jam but nothing will come back on.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. So if nothing turns on and you're sure the refrigerator is getting power from your house, the jam caused the auger motor to draw too much power which shorted out the main control board below the freezer. You'd need to remove the vent cover below the freezer drawer along the bottom of the entire refrigerator in order to see a plastic 6" x 6" box mounted to the floor of the freezer. Inside this box is the control board you'd need to replace. The part number is###-##-####

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.