Alex Herbert
Alex Herbert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Technician
89986336

My DLE5977S will not heat. The dryer runs but no heat. I

Customer Question

my DLE5977S will not heat. The dryer runs but no heat. I checked the circuit breaker and rest it but still no heat? What could it be?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Alex Herbert replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** will be happy to answer your question. make sure the circuit breaker is not tripped. The dryer runs on a double breaker. If 1 breaker is tripped it will run but not heat. Next check the heating element and thermal fuses on the element. The wires will need to be disconnected for the test. You should get a closed reading when testing the element and thermal fuses. Your dryer has a duel element. The top terminal is the common. Terminal 1 is the top terminal. The resistance between 1 and 2 should be 18-22 ohms. 1 and 3 18-22 ohms. 2 and 3 9-11 ohms. From any of the 3 terminals to ground there should be no reading at all. To access the element remove the 6 screws on the back holding the top on. Once the correct screws are removed, slide the top back and remove. Remove the 2 screws on the top corners of the control. Remove the control wires. Pull the control panel up and forward. Remove the 2 screws on the front in front of the lint filter. Remove the 4 top screws below the control panel. Remove the wires connected to the front panel door switch. Remove the front panel. Remove the lint screen holder by removing 2 screws on top and 1 on the blower assembly. You can now access the element. If the element is not the issue, let me know and I will let you know further tests.

UNPLUG THE UNIT PRIOR TO TESTING. DO NOT TEST ELECTRICAL CURCUITS UNLESS YOU FEEL COMFORTABLE DOING SO. TEST AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Please rate my service by using the star rating system at the top of the page. This is how I am credited for my time. If you have any additional questions about this issue, please don’t hesitate to contact me. Thank you for using JustAnswer.com. Have a great day.