Alex Herbert
Alex Herbert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Technician
89986336

How do I replace the baking element in a kitchenaid

Customer Question

how do I replace the baking element in a kitchenaid KEBS107SSS00
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Alex Herbert replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** will be happy to answer your question. To change the bake element you will need to remove the oven from the wall to gain rear access to the back of the oven. To change the element the element needs to be removed from the rear of the oven. Make sure the power is off to the oven. Remove the back panel from the oven. You will see 2 wires coming out of the back of the oven from the bake element. These will be located above the blower for the upper element and at the bottom of the oven for the lower oven. Remove the element cover plate 5 screws. Once the plate is off there are 3 screws to remove that hold the element in. There are 2 more screws under the cover that also hold the element in. There is a clip between the element terminals that needs to be bent up far enough so the element clears the housing. When you remove the element lift the coil up to free the element. Make sure the element is bad. You can test it once you have rear access with a ohms meter. If the element is good, you will get a reading. The most common issue with no heat is a bad thermal fuse. If the thermal fuse is bad, both bake and broil will not work. UNPLUG THE UNIT PRIOR TO TESTING. DO NOT TEST ELECTRICAL CURCUITS UNLESS YOU FEEL COMFORTABLE DOING SO. TEST AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Please rate my service by using the star rating system at the top of the page. This is how I am credited for my time. If you have any additional questions about this issue, please don’t hesitate to contact me. Thank you for using JustAnswer.com. Have a great day.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what do you mean by "lift the coil up to free the element"

When you pull the element out there will be some resistance due to the element coils. The element will need to be lifted upward to free the element. On your model on each side of the bake element below the 2 screws there is a metal hidden bake element cover. Bend the flaps down as far as possible to access the hidden bake element. Then cut the insulation all the way across to access the element. I am adding this because you have a single oven.