John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a newer maytag dishwasher. Every time I press any of

Customer Question

I have a newer maytag dishwasher. Every time I press any of the wash cycle buttons the Rinse Only, Santized, Steam Santize and Delay Hours "2" come on. Help.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Alex Herbert replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is Alex. I will be happy to answer your question. Please get me the model number directly from your dishwasher so I can help you out. The number you posted is a part number. The model number should be on a tag around the inside frame of the dishwasher visible once the door is opened.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dont see one. On a sticker? Etched into the metal? What will it start with?

Its on a white sticker on the side of the dishwasher. Here's an example of a Maytag dishwasher model number MDB4949SDM. I need the model number to look up the exact errors you are having. Your dishwasher either has a stuck key or bad membrane or it is showing an error code.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I found the model number. Can this question be opened again?

Yes it can what is your model number

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mdb7749sbb2
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex. Any thoughts?

I want you to try and get error codes from your dishwasher. You may not be able to with the issue you are having. It sounds like you have a bad membrane. Shut the dishwasher off. Hit any 3 keys in sequence 1-2-3 1-2-3 1-2-3. Make sure there is less than a 1 second pause between key presses. If successful all lights will light up. Count the blinks from the clean light. For example it may blink 6 times then pause then blink 2 more times. This is error 62. It will show several codes if it has any. Let me know if you can get the dishwasher into diagnostics. After you get all of the error codes you can either hit cancel or let it complete the diagnostic cycle.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
push any one button in this sequence "once, twice, three times" three times in a row?

Choose a button to start with and push that button (#1) then push the button next to it (#2) and the push the button next to button 2 which will be button 3. Do this 3 times. So you would push buttons 1-2-3 then repeat with the same 3 buttons in the same order 1-2-3 then do it again 1-2-3. Do not push the start or cancel buttons as one of the buttons. In the kick plate of your dishwasher there should be a service manual that will help out.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The clean light doesnt come on at all.