Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a Bosch shx4ap05uc/06 that is getting no power to the

Customer Question

Good afternoon. I have a Bosch shx4ap05uc/06 that is getting no power to the control switches. None of the lights come on or button s function. It is on its own circuit and the circuit breaker is on.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Email is***@******.***
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a significant delay in responses. Please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

If nothing lights up on the unit can you check the power a the junction box with a volt meter?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The junction box on the appliance?

Yes on the unit itself, you may have a burned up or bad wire there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There does not seem to be power there. Are you suggesting there is a broken or burnt out wire in the supply cable?

Yes or maybe a wall switch that is off on the kitchen wall or under the sink

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no switch, it is hard-wired

Well if you have no power there then it would be between the circuit breaker and there or at the circuit breaker itself in the panel. So that is the issue, but you have to find the bad wire.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Found a broken wire. Thanks for your help

Cool!