Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a Maytag 700 Precision touch Control Electric

Customer Question

I have a Maytag 700 Precision touch Control Electric smoothtop; we put in self-cleaning mode on Friday but could not get door unlocked after cycle completed. Had to unplug the range to get it to unlock. Now the over will not heat up at all...... Thoughts???
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a significant delay in responses. Please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

Have you tried to unplug the unit again to reset the control, if it still does not heat that controller is bad. That would happen a lot n the Maytag 700 units.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks