Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Need to replace igniter on sealed Bosch NGM cooktop. How to

Customer Question

need to replace igniter on sealed Bosch NGM cooktop. How to I access igniter/open cooktop?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a significant delay in responses. Please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

You need to remove all the burners and rungs then the nut on the center of the burners to get the top apart to get at the ignitors. It is really that simple to do.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The answer was technically correct in that there was a "nut" on the center of the burner that needed to be loosened. However, it was not "really that simple to do". Because of the vertical tines that support the burner cap, there is no way to get a box wrench, or any type of wrench for that matter, on the nut. Also, the "nut" is really part of the ven nozzle. It is brass and has a very low profile. I tried to remove it with a 20mm socket (after first spraying around it with some Liquid Wrench, waiting an hour and drying the head), and ending up rounding the corners of the "nut". Now it appears it can't be removed unless I drill it out and replace it. There must be a special wrench or socket required to remove the nozzle, which would have been helpful to know in advance.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The instructions are attached. Did the top not want to come off when you removed the burners?