Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Ge profile dryer, will not go into diagnostic, i check fuses

Customer Question

ge profile dryer, will not go into diagnostic, i check fuses and they are good. dryer only counts down in seconds when i attept to start unit
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
model pfds450eloww
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a significant delay in responses. Please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

Have you checked to see if the belt is broken?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
belt is good and belt switch is good also. there was 2 cut outs on the heater housing. and one thermistor. that was checking good
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
in only counts down in seconds, no sound or anything. when i open door its stops so i feel good about door switch

Do you hear a click when pressing start from the board relays?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no click when the start button is pressed

Then you likely have a bad safety inlet or outlet high limit thermostat. You need to check them for continuity on the blower housing and heater. The blower one is likely bad.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They all was good

Bypass them physically then test it