Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a kitchenaid ice machine. Current problem is the

Customer Question

I have a kitchenaid ice machine. Current problem is the water reserve will not stay filled after the machine is started up. When turned on, it performs the rinse cycle fine, then makes a couple of sheets of ice, but the reservoir does not refill. If I pour water into it with a cup, it continues to make ice...until empty.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a significant delay in responses. Please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

Ok can you see if the water valve is working at all?

Just let me know if you can check it.

Just let me know if you are getting these messages or not thanks!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
water is. As I mentioned above, when first turned on, it goes through the rinse cycle (two fills and pump out of the reservoir), fills with water, starts the circulation of water across the freeze plate, but never fills up again with water as it uses what is in the reservoir.

Ok if it is not refilling, but it is filling during the beginning you have a bad control board. The board often goes bad and then does not signal for refill after the harvest cycle is complete.

CLICK HERE FOR PART

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks