Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Frigidaire gallery French door refrigerator. My son

Customer Question

Hello. I have a Frigidaire gallery French door refrigerator. My son pulled out the ice holder to see if something was stuck. Replaced it and everything shut off. I checked the breaker. I pulled the ice holder out and noticed two soft wires hanging down and one is severed. Would this cause the whole thing to shut down? can I temporarily splice it together or is there a way to run the refrigerator without connecting the ice maker?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Joel thank you for your interest in our service. If you have been waiting a while

I apologize we try to help as many customers as possible in a timely manner. I am now

available to help you with your question.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you read my question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello?

turn the power off to the fridge and you can in the short term splice the wire back together and tape it up with electrical tape, should be fine, to fix it properly you will need to crimp the wires, see the end of the video it will show you how to crimp them if you dont know how . video. anyhow splicing the wire back together will fix the problem.

****NOtice****

****You would be suprised at the people that get help and do not bother*******

PLEASE take into consideration we are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is that

you take this time to rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page

or wherever the 5 star rating system is located on your page (sometimes it's hard to find

but it's there). Rating me will not in any way cost you anymore than you have already paid.

We techs only get a SMALL PORTION of whatever you have chosen to pay after a good star

rating is chosen. This is the only way I am credited through the site for my time. This will

also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions. TIPS are not

expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry but you didn't tell me what that wire is? and if in fact it will cause the entire refrigerator to shut off? I have spliced the wire together, plugged it into the connector but still nothing? still no lights no display
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Confused, trial offer for 30 response is not valid?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The wire being cut is probably not the cause of the refrigerator being totally dead. However, the wire likely shorted to ground when it was cut and damaged the control board. Can you post a picture of the wire that was damaged, please?

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?