Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I was using my Kitchenaid Superba microwave yesterday and it

Customer Question

Hi Dave, I was using my Kitchenaid Superba microwave yesterday and it turned off. The light is out and when I hit a button to turbot on, it just makes a beep noise. Any ideas? Thanks!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Is the display out, only beeping when a button is pushed?

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kelly, display is on. Three little beeps when a button is pressed. Model #KEMS307DVL2
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Does it program when the buttons are pushed, changing the display at all? How long was the breaker left off?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. Only for the oven. Breaker was off only for a few seconds.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Thank you! I appreciate your patience with all of the questions. Can you turn the breaker off for at least 5 minutes, please? It will take that long for the board components to discharge and fully reset. Let me know what happens after it is turned back on, please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I'll do that.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. I got the pf error on the display when I turned it back on. But the microwave is the same. Just three beeps after pushing buttons.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. That was not what we wanted to see. The control board is faulty. Unfortunately, it is no longer available as new. There is a company that does rebuild them, however, Their link is below.

CLICK HERE

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I install the board myself?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Yes, the control panel comes down as shown on the attached page.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Thanks so much! Have a good day?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

You as well, thank you!