Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

A loud hum (sounded like a vibration also) was heard from

Customer Question

A loud hum (sounded like a vibration also) was heard from our LG RE3083ST unit while operating the oven at low temperature. Immediately smoke was seen exiting the unit control box only on top back of oven. Removing the rear covers of the unit, I was unable to see any electrical short damage or notice any ozone type odors around circuit boards or other electrical devices. What might have happened or is this a problem with the oven. This has not happened before.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The issue has to be with the electronics in the control panel if it smoked. There are a couple different boards in there, see the link below. Does the oven still work?

CLICK HERE