Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Front load washer troubleshoot code F06

Customer Question

Front load washer troubleshoot code F06
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So this F06 means that your motor control board (MCU) isn't reading the tachometer on the motor correctly anymore. The motor control board is located under the tub mounted to the floor of the washer. You'll want to remove the lower front panel on the washer to access the MCU and the MCU is the part that needs to be replaced to resolve the issue. Unfortunately the part is about $200 or so depending on the exact model number.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.