MRANSWER
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS
13971964

I have a Samsung model Rfg298aars. The ice maker makes ice,

Customer Question

I have a Samsung model Rfg298aars. The ice maker makes ice, but will not dispense. I replaced the Auger Motor and still nothing. When you depress the ice lever, the flap door opens and closes. I'm pretty handy, but this one has stumped me. Any ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.

You'll need and know how to use a voltmeter to solve this- if you had used one in your diagnosis then you would have seen that you had no power to the motor and not replaced it. Post back if yes otherwise I cannot help you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a volt meter and know how to use it.
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.

The main board on the back of the fridge is probably bad here. To make sure just access the main board and first see if you get 120 volts between the auger motor terminal and neutral when calling for ice - the board will have auger motor written on it adjacent to that terminal. IF you have it then a wire is broken between the board and motor. If there is no power then go to 2 chips on the board- one is marked IC01 and the other is IC73. On IC01 you should measure 0 volts dc at location# ***** when calling for any type of ice. IF there is no zero volts then the board is bad. IF YES then go to IC73 and see if you have 5vdc on terminals 1 or 2 when calling for both types of ice. No voltage means board is bad. You will need to pull the board out and look at the back side for the terminal locations on the chips and make an accurate measurement. When measuring dc volts put one probe on ground.