Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

My kenmore elite induction top won't turn on. I powered down

Customer Question

My kenmore elite induction cook top won't turn on. I powered down the circut breaker.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.

Hi, next you'll need to check the junction box the cook top is plugged into. You'll need a volt meter and now how to use it. A live voltage check will need to be made. You would need to verify that the outlet/box has the correct voltage and polarity. If it does, then the main control inside the top is shorted or has a loose connection. The cook top will need to be dismantled to inspect the wire connections and replace the board. On this model the control board does fail often so I would suspect it has in this case. You need to rule a voltage and loose connection problem out before you order the control.

We work on the honor system here @ Just Answers. We're not credited for our work until you rate our answer positively. Once you do so the question does not close. You can log back into your account and continue to work on this question at no additional charge. Rating our answers positively will credit me for my time working with you.

Thank you