Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

I have a GE Profile Advantium 120V. The Microwave will not

Customer Question

I have a GE Profile Advantium 120V. The Microwave will not come on. The Communication board and the controller boards were replaced by a repairman but that didn't fix it. I paid him and he said he couldn't fix it. Is there a fuse or other part I can put in myself?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.

Hi, did the microwave stop when it was in use?

Also, the outlet has been checked for proper voltage correct?

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The unit was not in use for about 4 months. The circuit breaker was off on the unit while I was away for the summer. When the breaker was turned on, only a small flashing light in the left side of the control panel came on. I called a service tech who said that the unit was getting power and it needed a communication panel. He put that in and it still did not work and the flashing light did not come on either. He put on a new controller panel, controlled by the round tuner knob. Nothing worked still. The outlet has not be checked. The unit has a direct three prong plug in. The oven below this unit works fine.
Since it was showing some flashing electrical light, I think the unit was getting power, at least at first.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The microwave did not stop while it was in use. It just didn't work when it was reconnected to the power with the circuit breaker.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The voltage is correct at he outlet.

Test the cavity thermostat for continuity.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have a manual and have no idea where the cavity thermostat is or how to check it for continuity.

It's on the top. It's round and has two wires going to it. You will need to have the unit down and wrapper off. You will need to have high voltage experience and know how to use a volt ohm meter.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have the experience or equipment to follow your directions. Thanks .