Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

How to remove the lower spray header on a whirlpool

Customer Question

How to remove the lower spray header on a whirlpool dishwasher model DU1300XTVB2, S/N FO2504158 when the plastic screw nob is stripped on header and can not be disengaged? Right now unit does not spray into upper and lower headers. pump is running. Found what looks like it could be tissue paper on drain screen. If I had an assembly drawing could figure it out or parts book but unit did not come with them. Any help appreciated. R Langone(###) ###-####
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So first, you can get the diagram in the link below.

CLICK HERE for diagram

As for removing the plastic center locking nut that is going to be difficult if it's not stripped out. You'd have to pry under the lip of the nut and turn the center nut at the same time to remove it. Below is a video on how to take the pump apart to get to the chopper assembly.

CLICK HERE for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.