Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My automatic ice machine works but the cubes freeze

Customer Question

My automatic ice machine works but the cubes freeze together, especially on bottom of ice container, forming one solid giant slab of ice that is unusable. I have dried the container completely before putting it back in freezer, I have tried lining the
container with wax paper, paper towels, a silicone coated liner usually used in the produce drawer and none of these work. We had a mechanic out who told us to lower temps in both refrigerator and freezer and again I continue to get a solid block of ice o
bottom of ice machine maker and the other ice cubes stick together but I am able to break them up. Please tell me what I can do to resolve this situation. I eagerly await your response. Many thanks, ***** *****
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! There are two things that can cause that issue.

• Freezer temperatures are getting too warm and partially thawing the cubes
  • Water inlet valve is leaking into and over the ice maker into the bucket.

If you look at the cubes, are the ones on the top of the bucket frozen together or just the ones near the bottom of the bucket?

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?