Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My 1090aws went off during mid wash...there was a wiff of

Customer Question

my 1090aws went off during mid wash...there was a wiff of smoke...this was following a power line being taken out by a tree - but only the ground...my microwave also fried..but it was a fuze..there are no lights or power on the dishwasher
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Good morning!

First, there are no reset buttons, thermal fuse, or anything that you can just push to get the dishwasher working again on this model. If you're certain that there is power getting to the dishwasher, remove the kick panel below the dishwasher and look for the 3" x 3" sheet metal box with the wire connections in it. Turn the circuit breaker off to the dishwasher or unplug the dishwasher before servicing. Remove the cover plate and look at the wire connections to see if any of the wires in the junctions box have shorted out. If they have been shorted or melted, you'll need to cut them back and re-wire them. If you find nothing at all wrong with the connections, then your control board is just shorted for one reason or another and the control board inside the door will need to be ordered and replaced.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.