Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Exhaust fan will not turn off.gh and low is all igot

Customer Question

Exhaust fan will not turn off.high and low is all igot
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! There is a thermostat on the base of the microhood that monitors the heat coming from the top of the range. When it gets too hot, that thermostat closes and will run the exhaust fan until it cools. It will not allow the fan to be shut off until the thermostat opens. Once it cools, normal operation will be restored.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!