John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I am working on a samsung dryer model number dv45h7200ew/a2,

Customer Question

I am working on a samsung dryer model number dv45h7200ew/a2, serial nuber 0BH35auf600206j. it is not heating . the heater is good, so is the hi-limit, tstat, thermistor. the relay board was burned up and I replaced that but after that was replaced still was not getting 220v to heating element. I read power from relay on one side on or off, when I turn it on it should give me the other leg of power to element. do you know what triggers the relay I dont have the wiring diagram to this unit and I can locate it online. if you can give me some place to look to locate the problem that would be great
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Alex Herbert replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is Alex. I will be happy to answer your question. The relay goes threw the motor switch to power the other leg of the element. One leg of the element goes threw the motor(thick red wire) and the other leg is powered threw a relay on the main board. The relay is energized threw the motor centrifical switch. After looking at all the parts you have change it sounds like the motor is bad. This is a fairly common part to change.