Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

My Dacor oven says F8. What does that mean? I had turned it

Customer Question

My Dacor oven says F8. What does that mean? I had turned it to self-clean
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.

Hi, the door lock is faulty. The F8 error code indicates a faulty door lock motor assembly. Try flipping the breaker off for 2-3 minutes and flipping it back on. The latch may possibly reset itself. If not, it will need to be replaced. if you're extremely handy, you can make the repair yourself. The cost to have a technician fix this error is roughly $250-350.

We work on the honor system here @ Just Answers. We're not credited for our work until you rate our answer positively. Once you do so the question does not close. You can log back into your account and continue to work on this question at no additional charge. Rating our answers positively will credit me for my time working with you.

Thank you