Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Whirlpool refridgerator Model WRF560 series common problems?

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 1 year ago.

Hello, this is Dave. This is a dual evaporator refrigerator. Prior to serial numbers starting with K335 the refrigerator evaporator was subject to leaking and needing to be replaced. Prior to K333 there could be moisture or water leaks at the rear of the icemaker area in the top left side of the refrigerator compartment. Units after these serial codes have have modifications to correct these issues.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The technician that looked at it said the computer died and it needed a new one. This is due to poorly designed ducting. I don't believe the computer can fix the duct. My S/N is VS 321 37277. How does that relate to K433? No water leaks obvious.

Your model was made in a different factory and that is good. It does not have the issues mentioned. What did he mean by "ducting"? Air flow under the refrigerator or in the freezer? I agree the control will not change anything relating to airflow.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My conclusion was that he had his head up his ass and sent him on his way without much discussion. But a part of it was the ducting design was freezing out the computer somehow thus failing. It has been unplugged for several days and plugged back in with no change. No cooling.

I need to leave for the day so I will opt out allowing another expert to finish this and if available call you.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Is the compressor running at all? If it is and no cooling, you probably have a sealed system issue.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I believe the compressor is running but it is very quiet. Sealed system problem as in leaking freon? Doesn't whirlpool have a list of repair parts a repair facility should keep on hand for maintenance reasons as well as design feedback?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

If it is not cooling at all, yes, it likely has a leak. Most service providers are recommended a truck stock sheet but not required. However, if the compressor is running, it should be cooling at least in the freezer. There is a service bulletin on this model for the computer board but it is a problem after a power surge or interruption. He may have just saw that and assumed that was the problem. If that was the problem, the compressor would not be running or the fans, it makes the unit not run at all.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Serial Numbers: VS146 – VS444 (November 2011 – November 2014)

Possible Concern: Following a power interruption, the refrigerator may not cool.

Potential Cause: Under certain circumstances, upon restoration of power after an interruption, the communication link between the User Interface Board and High Voltage Board may not reset properly, and the cooling function may remain off.

Correction: Replace User Interface Board. Use Table 1: User Interface Board Replacement Guide to locate Part Numbers.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I get at the interface board? The quote I got was $750.00 ? Can I buy it direct form someone?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Oh yeah! What is the complete model number?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WRF 560 SE4MOO
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

The part is available below. I will get you the service manual uploaded, please give me just a few minutes.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

The pages from the service manual for replacing that part are attached.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Just my opinion, but $750 for that repair seems a little steep...

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Lastly, the complete Service Bulletin for that issue is attached for your review.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Kelly, the diagram I received seems to be for the icemaker. I don't see the interface board on the pages. What am I missing?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

The ice maker is on the same page as the start of the dispenser.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

The link 1395, look in lower right corner for start of dispenser UI board.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Must have lost something in the transfer. I don't see the board and the link 1395 doesn't mean anything that I can see.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

http://f01.justanswer.com.s3.amazonaws.com/smitty1486/b4d3f2bb-0f03-4e40-94df-4fde179b764e_ScreenHunter_1395+Nov.+19+15.27.jpg

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Copy that into your address bar. Lower right corner of the page.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

http://f01.justanswer.com.s3.amazonaws.com/smitty1486/66f421ca-0ed6-4ea2-a8c0-c2a95742a4a3_ScreenHunter_1396+Nov.+19+15.27.jpg

This is the second page.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Kelly, I'm back. Haven't solved my problem yet. Ended up in the hospital and the O.R. but am back as good as I get. The way I left things I couldn't relate the diagram to remove the old part to the unit I have. Need a little help there. Also hear that the controller I have can just be reprogrammed but no source mentioned. That would be useful as the Part is not available until mid Jan at the earliest. Also am feeling that this problem is a factory defect not unlike these VW diesels that produce clean air only in the computer. The computer is coded to fail under certain circumstances. What is the best place to complain to about the situation?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The tech sheet for your model is attached. It will show you how to enter the service mode. What trouble are you having with your unit?