John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have an older FAV6800aww Maytag Neptune TL that fills,

Customer Question

I have an older FAV6800aww Maytag Neptune TL that fills, agitates but won't spin or drain. No error messsages, it just agitates every few minutes, motor reverses then stops. I cannot turn the drum by hand more than a few inches. U checked the diagnostic codes and it shows 05 and 84 with 0 cycles. When I started working on this the door locks would work, but after checking the wires on the motor control that is no longer an issue. I have drained the water and checked the pump for blockage. Any ideas what I should try next?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

When the unit should be draining are you getting any voltage to the drain pump motor?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, the motor will kick in for about 5 seconds and drain a small amout of water when I start a regular wash cycle.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is not any voltage to the motor when set to spin or in the middle of a regular cycle when it should be draining.