Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a GE JVM1430WD002. it runs few seconds, stops, and

Customer Question

I have a GE JVM1430WD002. it runs for a few seconds, stops, and displays PF on display
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So your issue means that microwaves are escaping and confusing the control board. You can try replacing the control board and that will deffinately fix the problem as many times control boards become less resilient to microwaves, or you can try something out. Sometimes if you place a sheet of aluminum foil inside a sandwich plastic bag and place it BEHIND the control panel between all internal components and the control board itself this will stop enough of the microwaves from interfering with the control board. If that works, then you need to replace the magnetron---otherwise if the problem persists you need to replace the control board.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will try that and will need you know ..thanks
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

OK good luck. Either way you know what part to replace now depending on the results. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.