Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Kenmore model 665 dishwasher that fills with water,

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore model 665 dishwasher that fills with water, then waits for about 15 minutes then drains. Will not advance to the wash cycle.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

ok, unfortunately this means you either have a bad control board or the circulation pump and motor has failed and will need to be replaced. The way to check is by uninstalling the entire dishwasher and tipping it on it's back. There are 2 wires going to the circulation pump. Check for 120 volts to the motor when the dishwasher should be washing. If you don't have 120 volts, you need a new control board. If you do have 120 volts, you need a new circulation motor. The circulation motor fails often so that is by far the most likely part that will need to be replaced so if you don't have a multimeter to test the voltage, just replace the circulation motor.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I see many different Kenmore circulation pumps. How do I know which one is the right model number?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

You need the model number to order the correct pump. The model is located on a sticker around the front frame of the tub and can be seen if you open the door.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. I found the part number for a dishwasher pump and motor assembly for my model of dishwasher. Is that the part we need?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, that sounds like the right part. It should be about $150 or so.