Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Tyler, I have a similar issue. Not starting but getting

Customer Question

Hi Tyler,
I have a similar issue. Not starting but getting power. I go through reset sequence & water does process through. When reset sequence ends, it still doesn't start. I've also tried turning off breaker for 30 minutes to reset with no luck. What should I do now?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Alright so because your dishwasher will run after a reset sequence but it won't run in a standard cycle, this means that your control board is good and so is your door latch. Unfortunately this tells me that your start button on the touchpad itself has failed. You can confirm this by turning the dishwasher off so no lights are illuminated at all on the control panel. Then press the start button and if the lights don't illuminate on the control panel after pressing start, your start button has failed and you'll need to order and replace the entire touch control panel.

Also, the number you have listed is not a model number, it's a part number. The model is located on a sticker around the front frame of the tub and can be seen if you open the door. You'll need that to look up the correct part number to order.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you know where this part can be ordered from and how to install it?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

You can order the part at Searspartsdirect.com if you enter in your full model number.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Additionally, the cycles buttons don't light up at all. Only buttons that light up are gray ones: High Temp, Sani Rinse, Heated Dry.Is this an installation that would require an expert or are there guides/videos to DIY?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

That would be a faulty touchpad as well. So replacing the touchpanel will fix both problems.

If you're handy you can replace the part yourself. There isn't a video that shows you exactly how to replace the touchpanel but below is a video that shows you the process for the most part about removing it for replacement.

CLICK HERE for video