MRANSWER
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS
13971964

Machine will not turn on. getting power through electreicial

Customer Question

machine will not turn on. getting power through electreicial outlet to machine and circuit breaker still on .
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike G replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be assisting you. What are you using for a tester on the receptacle?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
small heater running on same receptcle and will run on receptacle as washer was plugged in on.
Expert:  Mike G replied 1 year ago.

I'll need to opt out and let an appliance expert handle your question. Please stand by.

Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.

The main board is bad 99.9% of the time when this happens. Rarely ever is the interface board at fault. Buy the board and to be safe buy it from a vendor that allows returns so you are not stuck with something you may not need should you find additional issues with the washer that make it not cost-effective to repair. Repairclinic.com is one such vendor. Serial numbers are important when buying LG parts, so let the vendor look up what you need.